Monday, June 13, 2011

T4Scaffolding a complete system from a DomainModel.xml

codeplanner_logo_

[EDIT 2011-06-27: I´ve been getting alot of mail lately about this VSIX (and I appreciate it). I´ve tried to upload it to VisualStudio Gallery but I always get the error “VSIX path may be too long” (nice err text btw). I have some changes to do in the template, but after that I will put it up for download!!! Have been getting som nice advices from Goran Jovanov and I´ll try to implement some of them before releasing the template. Have patience :) As I always say, my dayjob is slowing me down :(]

Posted a new Demo on Youtube, but since it´s quite little info on what´s going on inside the templates I´ll post a entry about it here shortly (have some refactoring todo Ler med tungan ute). I´ll also put the CodePlanner-template here for download.

PS. Listen to the “voice crack” at 2.08 LOL DS

T4Scaffolding :)

Feel free to contact me if you have any smart ideas on howto improve the VSIX-template.

http://twitter.com/ulfbjo

codeplanner@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Hi!
    U r doing interesting stuff. Any news on the CodePlanner template? Download?

    Keep on rollin' man

    Cheers,
    Goran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gjovanov.
    Thanx for your comment and interest in the work.

    I was planning to put the template here for download this week, but there is so much to improve... :) Want to do some changes in the template. However, if you send me an email I´ll send the VSIX to you. codeplanner at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please send to owenbrewer@msn.com
      thanks.

      Delete
  3. Great job as usual. Have you thought about using an edmx file instead of the xml?
    Is the template available now?

    Keep up the good work and thanks a lot, Yves

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit late on the answer here... but the VSIX is not available since I still get the "VSIX path may be to long error" when uploading...

    I´m thinking about doing a nuget package of it instead... Should be easy to use, just a little bit more work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Uffe!

    I'm still waiting for release :) Or source code so use me.
    And thank's for the Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Uffe,
    That looks as a good package. I am trying to install CodePlanner 0.2 on a new MVC3 project as per your Video tutorial but none on the 5 projects additional projects (e.g. repository, core, etc) are appearing in the solution and I am getting the below error. Please help what could I be doing wrong?

    PM> Install-Package CodePlanner
    'CodePlanner 0.2' already installed.
    Successfully added 'CodePlanner 0.2' to MvcSaffolderPrototype.
    Install-Package : The term 'Scaffold' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was incl
    uded, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:16
    + Install-Package <<<< CodePlanner
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hristo.
    I´ve never seen that error before :(
    Please verify that you are running Visual Studio Pro or Ultimate, and that you are using C# as the project language.

    Please let me know if you do not get it to work, and I´ll try to help you!

    Regards
    Uffe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Uffe,

    Thanks for your rapid and prompt response.
    I installed a new VM with fresh VS 2010 and it worked OK this time.

    For some feedback to you, potential reasons why it could have not worked I would therefore blame some of the many plugins I have added to the other VS. Some are a few T4 editors which I installed/uninstalled/reinstalled etc. Should I find anything further as replication steps will let you know.

    One more question to you, is there any template that could help me customise your scripts to work with Entity Framework gerenated or Nhibernate entities (Database first approach)?

    Thanks.

    Regards,
    Hristo.

    ReplyDelete